Zombie apocalypses are the worst kinds of world end scenarios. It might seem like zombies would be inescapable, there are some locations around the globe where you could probably survive the attack of the dead. Here are some of the world’s best locations that would save your life.
1. Wiltshire’s Secret Underground City: Located in Corsham, England, this 35-acre bunker can house up to 4,000 people. Built in the 1950s, it has a hospital, a laundromat, a cafeteria, and all sorts of other amenities useful in the event of a zombie attack.
2. Lawson Tower: Located in Scituate, Massachusetts, this impressive water tower stands at 153 feet tall.
3. Alcatraz Island: Located a mile and a half off the coast of San Francisco, California, this island is primarily known for the infamous ex-prison. Its isolated location makes it an ideal escape in the event of a zombie attack.
4. Scotland’s Secret Bunker: One hundred feet below the house is a tunnel that leads to a 24,000-square-foot bunker designed to house critical government officials in the event of a nuclear attack.
5. Prison cell of Ludger Sylbaris: Iin times of crisis, this prison cell is the place to be. In 1902, when the volcano erupted and wiped out most of town, the local drunk, Ludger Sylbaris, survived because he had been tossed in the cell.
6. Maunsell Army Sea Forts: These strange structures were built during World War II to help stop air attacks. They were decommissioned in the 1950s, but were never torn down, making them a great place to hide from zombies, in case that zombies can’t swim…
7. Hole in the Rock: Located in Moab, Utah. On the inside it is a luxury home with more than 14 rooms. With 5,000 square feet to spread out in, it has a vast space inside to hide in.
8. Towers of Svaneti: At the base of the Caucasus mountains in the nation of Georgia sits a series of towers that have been there for generations.
9. Korowai Tree Houses: The elevation and rickety ladders make these ideal places to hide from zombies. Though if the Korowai are still there, you will have another group of flesh-eaters to worry about.
10. Former Federal Reserve Nuclear Bunker: During the Cold War, the Federal Reserve in Culpeper, Virginia, housed a bunker containing shrink-wrapped currency.
Images source: boredomtherapy.com